Monday 28 October 2013

REFLECTION - 28.10.2013.

I've been thinking a lot about what aspect of the horoscopes I wanted to illustrate, the star signs themselves or the writings? And I've come to the conclusion that I shall focus on the star signs individually rather than the text, since that might make them too complicated and busy for a magazine layout, so by keeping it just to the star signs they are clear and straight to the point. 

I have also had a hard time trying to make my collages by hand since I felt like it wasn't working very well for this particular idea. My images just weren't coming out as I had planed them too so I decided to make the decision of using the computer to make them digitally. I used digital collage for my project last year and really enjoyed working with it since it allows me to create images quickly but also really play around with scale and composition, something that I want to keep pushing. I still love hand rendered collage but I've also found that I'm a lot happier working with digital means when my time schedule is very short and I find that I can generate ideas more easily without the stress of staring at cut up bits of paper. I feel like this is the right route for me to go down with in regards to my work for BA7.  

No comments:

Post a Comment