Friday 7 March 2014

REFLECTION - 7.03.2014.


I thought that I would share this on here since this guy will become a crucial part of my project! I managed to buy myself this really lovely digital 35mm Canon camera. I've been testing this out so I can get a feel for how it works and just have some experimental fun!

I've had some ideas floating around my head for other small projects (?) that I could branch off from my main body of work. One of the ideas is to take photos of objects that reflect where I am from that I have around my home, things such as cookbooks, passports, religious imagery, anything that identifies to myself and others as 'Italian'. I would also like to do this around my father's house in Italy when I visit, maybe see if he has anything that is 'English' and reminds him of Norwich/England. Another thought I had was to take photos of 'Italian' restaurants/chains that we have in England and compare them with those in Italy. It would be interesting to take photos of the food served here thats considered to be Italian next to photos of the same dish but made in Italy. Taking photos of  the signs and decor would be interesting too. Finally I had thought about taking 'tourist' photos of what is considered to be Italian stereotypes. 

Maybe this project is slowly taking its own route and will become a crisscross of my Italy and the one that everyone else sees. Or it might be divided into sections of personal memories, a tourist hot spot and a very British Italy but either way I am excited to see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment