Sunday 4 May 2014

PAGE LAYOUTS / EXPERIMENTS - 4.05.2014.










Here are some more developments for page layout ideas. I scanned in some sections of a couple of scarves that belonged to my Grandmother and placed them alongside the more simple collages. I'm not too sure how I feel about them to be honest. Part of me feels like they work and the other half feels like they don't! Maybe I should try placing them next to my other images or even some of the photographs to see if that works better. 

I quite like the third one down where I have put two collages together. I think this could work nicely as a double page spread within a book or even as an A3/A2 print. I started introducing my photos from Italy since I was unsure as to how to use them within this work. I think they work really well when next to my collages or even another photo, as seen with the angel statues. These are all places and monuments that my Grandmother would have visited, spent time in and taken her family to numerous times throughout her life and bind my images together nicely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment